We count ourselves incredibly lucky to live and work in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The purpose of the Wye Valley AONB is to conserve and enhance this landscape and we are working to mitigate our effect on both our local and global environment. You can read our 5 year Management Plan for the area here.
As part of our audience you can help reduce the environmental impact of the wye Valley River Festival too, ensuring we all play our part in tackling the environmental and climate change issues our world is facing. You can help keep the Wye Valley healthy and beautiful by:
· Bringing your own reusable cup and or water bottle and cutlery etc. There will be water refiling stations at each Festival site.
· Taking your rubbish home
· Recycle. There will be recycling facilities on site, including the amazing trash convertor (but otherwise take it home and recycle it)
· Traveling sustainably – walk, cycle or use a bus where possible, share car a car at least. Come to the Wye Valley by train &/or bus.
· Our food and drink concessions will not be using disposable plastic items.
· Local food and drink producers will be selling their produce on site. Supporting local businesses helps to reduce food and drink miles.